Monday 23 June 2008

VIDEO HIPPOS

I freely admit that all my knowledge of Baltmore City comes from watching 'The Wire', but it seems like a totally depressing-as-shit place, which is weird seeing as most of the music coming out of there at the moment seems to be super-positive.

Videohippos come hot on the heels of other Baltimore acts like of Dan Deacon and The Death Set, but I kind of like them better than those guys, mainly because the two band members call themselves 'Iron Soul' and 'Soul-less Beast', and also because they're currently asleep on my couch and so far have left my front room much tidier than The Death Set did when they stayed-over.

I seriously reckon it's impossible to dislike a band who sound like a mix between Mudhoney, No Age and early-The Cure, so go do yourself a favour and check out their MySpace now.


No comments: