Tuesday 3 June 2008

BODEANS



Seriously, one of the main reason we started this label was because of Bodeans. If you've never fucked with Bodeans before, seriously you should. With sushi eating dickwads overtaking the city, it's pretty refreshing to see a chain of restaurants who are proud to stick up two-fingers to the government's continual efforts to convince us that alcohol and obesity are bad for us by sticking a picture of a fat dude pounding a bottle of Bud on their website.

Trust me, I've eaten at some of the most badass diners in the whole of New York and Bodeans is up there. However, here's a tip: never sit downstairs. Only arseholes sit downstairs; the type of arsehole who would probably order a tuna steak with roasted vegetables from a rib joint.

See, here's a picture of upstairs. It's full of salt-of-the-earth kind of people, who probably like listening to The Hold Steady and eating burgers.


Now contrast this with the picture of downstairs. Look, it's full of the type of people who like ambient lighting and being an arsehole:


P.S. I once went to Bodeans on my own; had a Boston Butt, a Coke and watched the world go by from my uncomfortable window seat. At my last reckoning, that's pretty much the most manly I have ever felt.

No comments: