Friday 27 June 2008

PENS

The other day while I was out doing some shots with my buds in a bar, when I bumped into my friend Kev who told me that I had just missed a really cool band called Pens. I was kind of only half listening to him because I was also trying to work out why the cigarette machine kept on spitting my money out, at the same time as being drunk out of my face. Anyhow, about a week later my subconscious kicked in whilst surfing the internet and I went and checked out their My Space.

I think a couple of the girls in Pens used to be in Look Look Dancing Boys and whilst the phallic obsessions from that band remain, the songwriting is like a million times more on point. Pens are pretty much the aural equivalent of doing shots of tequila with someone you've just hooked up with at Club Motherfucker. They don't have any tracks up for download right now, but go see them live or check out the tracks over at their My Space or something.

No comments: