Monday 27 October 2008

'FIRE ISLAND' (VIRTUAL 7") - A GRAVE WITH NO NAME

Photobucket



‘Fire Island’ – written and recorded on broken 8-track at The Church, 21/10/08.

‘The Outdoor Type’ – written by Tom Morgan, recorded on broken 8-track at Clonard Way 26/10/08.

‘Fire Island’ features my first attempt at playing drums, I guess I’m not so good at playing drums. I used to end our sets with a cover of ‘The Outdoor Type’ by The Lemonheads, and in retrospect I guess it’s a track which is pretty apt in so many ways. We don’t play it anymore, so I decided to put it to rest by recording a version with just acoustic guitar and voice – everything was recorded in one take due to the rewind button on the 8-track not working.

Side A: ’Fire Island’
Side B: 'The Outdoor Type'

Use the image at the top for the cover.



I’m playing a show with the band tomorrow night at The Fly, New Oxford Street, we’re also doing a Halloween No Pain In Pop show at Goldmiths on Friday. Both shows have great bands on the line-ups, so make sure to check them out if you come along.






No comments: