Sunday 28 December 2008

TWO ALBUMS THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN IN OUR ALBUMS OF THE YEAR AND THE REASONS WHY THEY WEREN'T.

'Folie à Deux' - Fall Out Boy

Reason why it's not on the list: I only bought it yesterday.
Approximate position it should've been in our albums of the year list: #17

This was released real late in December, in the one week I had to cut back on spending money on CDs in order that I could buy my Nan a real nice bag from Gap that she will never use. This is the usual 9/10 shit from Pete Wentz and the guys...actually to be honest, I'm actually only listening to this for the first time and what's more, I'm only up to track 3, but come on, it's Fall Out Boy and they are the kings of not knowing how to write a crappy album.

'Temper' - Benoît Pioulard

Reason why it's not on the list: I am a massive spastic.
Approximate position it should've been in our albums of the year list: #11

This is so fucking annoying. Ever since I received a promo copy of this from Kranky way before it's release, I made a point of telling everyone how awesome this album is, for the following two reasons:

1) It is awesome.
2) I didn't want there to be any doubt in anyone's mind that I liked this record before everyone else.

Anyway, I got so caught up in writing the world's best summary of this album, that it became an albatross round my neck, my very own 'Chinese Democracy' if you will. I was constantly writing, re-writing and pushing my amazing talent for punctuation to its absolute limit in order that I give this record the review it deserved. In terms of literary worth, my short paragraph on 'Temper' was going to be the 'Ulysses' of glib blog-reviews. Then to cut a long story short, I accidentally deleted it from the rough draft of our albums of the year list, and only realised my error when it scored really highly in the albums of the year list on my friend Daniel's blog. This then became annoying on yet another level, because Daniel knows more about music than anyone else I have ever met in my life, yet I reccomended this album to him, and then he ends up looking like the Benoît Pioulard champion.

2 comments:

Alex Corradi said...

I really like that Benoît Pioulard album as well...Kranky on top form this year!

Alexx

Daniel said...

Mwahahaha