Monday 29 September 2008

'LOVE LOCKDOWN' - KANYE WEST (YES SIR IDOL REMIX)

Photobucket

When I heard that Kanye West had put the parts to his single 'Love Lockdown' on his blog, I knew it would be only a matter of time before my buddy Yes Sir Idol would send me his remix. Idol has had something of a love/hate relationship with the first drop from Kanye's '808's & Heartbreak' LP. Straight after he had seen the live performance at the VMAs , he sent me a text saying something along the lines of "Oh my fucking God the new Kanye West single is amazing. How has your day been btw shall I come over on Thursday and cook for you and Ben?". A couple of days later when he was hanging out at my house making us all some amazing peri, peri chicken we listened to the studio version and I could see his mood visbaly darken - he kind of went a bit quiet and I knew that he was harbouring some serious 'disappointed in Kanye' vibes. Shoot forward a few more and he was once again talking about 'Love Lockdown' on some 'Kanye is the Stevie Wonder' of the 2000's tip.

Anyway, click the link below to download to hear this full spectrum of emotions evident in his vision for 'Love Lockdown':

'Love Lockdown' (Yes Sir Idol Remix)

No comments: