Tuesday 2 September 2008

Burritos rule. I’m not even sure that I’d ever eaten one of these little Mexican pillows of grease until a couple of months ago when Seb suggested we visited this place called Mucho Más near him that was so good that he had recently been there twice in one day (chicken burrito for lunch, pork burrito for dinner). The second I stepped in there and saw the delicious processed meat, salads and sauces on the counter, I knew that I basically in the Mexican version of Subway and therefore in the diameterically opposite place to that part in 'Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey' when they each experience their own personal version of Hell.

I know that a lot of people have jumped on the burrito bandwagon of late and have been saying that Mucho Más isn’t all that it’s main rival Tortilla which is right round the corner in the king of burrito joints in Angel. I say fuck you. Sure Tortilla is ‘nicer’, sure the ingredients are ‘fresher’, but it’s also ‘gayer’ and the burritos are ‘not as big’. Now, I’m by no means hating on Tortilla, I went there with my friend and had one hell of a nice time, it’s just unfortunate for them that Mucho Más and Whole Foods exist, otherwise they’d be my favourite place to burrito in London.

Visit:

Mucho Más
27 Upper Street,Angel/Islington,London,N1 0PN

Tortilla
13 Islington High Street,Islington,London,N1 9LQ

Whole Foods
The Barkers Building,63-97 Kensington High Street,Kensington,London,W8 5SE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Blog.
[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/11raa76.jpg[/IMG]

Anonymous said...

Tortilla's braised pork is nicer than Mucho Mas, so get stuffed. As for the band wagon, I believe you have jumped on it most recently, as I'm pretty sure you didn't invent burritos. And by the way, I'm not your 'friend'.